Instructions for Happiness and Success – Psalm – 1
This is a short psalm but has a powerful message. It shows you how to have happiness and success. This is God’s intention and plan for you. God’s desire is to bless you and make you happy. He is the source of your happiness and success but you have a part to play to experience His blessings. Look up for your blessings.
Practical Instructions for Happiness and Success
You should memorize this psalm because it is a simple guide for believers to appropriate divine life, happiness and success (Psalm 1:3). Your part starts with delighting in God and His Word. You do this as you meditate on the Word of God. Meditation is a powerful way to make an impact on your heart. It changes your heart, your emotions, your perception and your attitude.
According to attitude and actions this psalm identifies two types of people: the godly and the ungodly.
The Godly = Those who love God and trust in God and His Word
The godly will act and experience blessings:
- He is happy (blessed) – Psa 1:1
- He does not listen to the counsel of the ungodly – Psa 1:1
- He does not dwell and stand in the way of sinners – Psa 1:1
- He does not sit down in judgment with scoffers – Psa 1:1
- He delights and has pleasure in the precepts and instructions of Jehovah (Savior, covenant God, the Source of the promises) – Psa 1:2
- He continually will focus and meditate on God’s Word – Psa 1:2
- He will receive life from God’s river of life – Psa 1:3
- He will be stable and what he does shall not fall away, fade – Psa 1:3
- He will succeed and prosper in all he does – Psa 1:3
- He is righteous (forgiven and justified) – Psa 1:6
- The Lord approves of him – Psa 1:6
The Ungodly = Those who are morally wrong, hostile to God and wicked
The ungodly will act and have unpleasant outcomes:
- He feels worthless (chaff) – Psa 1:4
- He does not experience any of the blessing of the godly listed above – Psa 1:4
- He is not happy – Psa 1:4
- He will not rise in the first resurrection (stand in the judgment) – Psa 1:5
- He will not be forgiven and justified (congregation of the righteous) – Psa 1:5
- He shall perish – Psa 1:6
God has given us the choice between blessing and curses. It is up to us to choose what we will reap. (Deu 30:19-20, Gal 6:7-8) Follow the instructions in this psalm ans you will have happiness and success.
4 Simple Principles to Live by for Happiness and Success
- Who you spend time with will influence the results in your life.
- Trust God and His Word and you will follow Him.
- Meditate on the Word of God to receive life and wisdom.
- What you sow, you will reap.
© 2014 – 2019, Pastor Maurizio. All rights reserved.