I will cover to the end of the book because these chapters are mostly a description of the construction of the Tabernacle.
To help you to visualize the Tabernacle please see the graphical representations at the following links:
- Exo 34:1-9 – The Tablets of the Law are replaced
- Exo 34:10-17 – The Covenant renewed
- Exo 34:18 – Keeping the Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Exo 34:19-20 – Redeeming of the Firstborns
- Exo 34:21-24 – Celebrating the Sabbath and other feasts
- Exo 34:25-28 – Rules for offering
- Exo 34:29-35 – Moses’ face shines
- What was God’s promise in the renewed covenant?
- What was the position concerning mixing with other nations? Why?
- How did Moses intercede for the children of Israel?
- In what way do these rules apply to us today?
- Exo 35:1-3 – Rules concerning the Sabbath
- Exo 35:4-9 – Asking contributions for the Tabernacle
- Exo 35:10-19 – Asking for craftsmen to build the tabernacle
- Exo 35:20-29 – Gifts are brought for the Tabernacle
- Exo 35:30-35 – Selection of anointed craftsmen
- What is the difference between Old and New Testament view of the Sabbath
- What is the difference between Old and New Testament view of gifts to the Lord
- The Sabbath was an important part of Jewish obedience to the Law. How does this relate to the New Covenant?
- When were gifts accepted by the Lord?
- Exo 36:1-4 – Anointed craftsmen are assigned to do the work
- Exo 36:5-7 – The offerings were more than enough
- Exo 36:8-13 – Ten curtains of fine lines are woven
- Exo 36:14-19 – Curtains of goat hair are made and coverings of ram and badger skins
- Exo 36:20-30 – The boards for the Tabernacle are made
- Exo 36:31-38 – Bars and pillars of acacia wood for the door of the Tabernacle are made
- Exo 37:1-9 – The building of the Ark of the Testimony
- Exo 37:10-16 – The building of the Table of the Showbread
- Exo 37:17-24 – The building of the Lampstand
- Exo 37:25-28 – The building of the Altar of Incense
- Exo 37:29 – The preparation of the anointing oil and incense
- Exo 38:1-7 – The building of the Altar of Burn Offering
- Exo 38:8 – The building of the Bronze Laver
- Exo 38:9-20 – The building of the Courts of the Tabernacle
- Exo 38:21-31 – The cost and materials of the Tabernacle
- Exo 39:1-7 – The making of the garments of ministry
- Exo 39:8-21 – The Breastplate is made according to the instructions
- Exo 39:22-29 – The robe of ephod and tunics are woven
- Exo 39:30-31 – The plate of the holy crown is made
- Exo 39:32-43 – The work for the tabernacle is finished and Moses supervised it
- Exo 40:1-33 – The Tabernacle is erected from its parts and furnishings
- Exo 40:34-38 – The cloud now rests on the Tabernacle
- Do you have any comment concerning the building of the Tabernacle?
- Is there any lesson we can learn from these chapter besides the symbolism of the parts f the tabernacles?
- Please share what verses ministered to you the most in Exodus and why?
© 2014, Pastor Maurizio. All rights reserved.