Read one chapter each day. Understanding the symbolism is important to relate to these chapters.
- Exo 29:1-46 – Consecration of the Priests
- How does the consecration of the Priests apply to the New Testament?
- What was the purpose of the different offerings required for consecration?
- What were the steps involved in performing the offerings?
- Relate these ceremonial activities to our New Testament experience.
- Exo 30:1-10 – The Altar for the burning of incense
- Exo 30:11-16 – The Ransom Money
- Exo 30:17-21 – The Bronze Basin
- Exo 30:22-33 – The Anointing Oil
- Exo 30:34-38 – The Incense
All the parts and implements of the tabernacle had a precise purpose. Even the material, color and size had a meaning. God is a God that plans the most minute details.
- Can we understand all the meanings?
- Did the Old Testament believers understand them?
- How far should we go in trying to understand?
- Was there a purpose or impact behind the symbolism?
- Exo 31:1-11 – The anointed craftsmen
- Exo 31:12-18 – The day of the Sabbath
- What do you think is the relationship between God, Creativity and Art?
- What was the purpose of the Sabbath?
- What did Jesus say about the Sabbath?
- Should we observe the Sabbath?
- Exo 32:1-10 – The apostasy of the golden calf
- Exo 32:11-16 – Moses intercedes for the people
- Exo 32:17-30 – The purging of sinners
- Exo 32:31-35 – Moses intercedes with the Lord
- How could the children of Israel and Aaron fall in this apostasy?
- What can we learn from Moses’ intercession?
- What can we learn from the purging of sinners?
- Exo 33:11-6 – The covenant restored
- Exo 33:7-11 – The Tent of Meeting
- Exo 33:12-23 – The Glory of the Lord
- How was the covenant restored?
- How does the Tent Meeting relate to the New Testament and to us?
- Is there a difference in the manifestation of the Glory of God in the Old and New Testament?
© 2014, Pastor Maurizio. All rights reserved.