Proverbs – Chapter 28 –
4 Things to Know About Rulers (and Bosses)
We all have areas of authority. For this reason, we need to understand authority and know the authority that has been given us. All authority comes from God (Rom 13:1). It is not something we should seek, because with authority comes great responsibility. However, we should learn to use wisely the authority given us because we are expected to use it and will be judged about it.
- Pro 28:2 – Because of the rebellion of a land, many are its rulers, but a man of understanding and knowledge maintains order.
- Pro 28:15 – Like a roaring lion and a charging bear is a wicked ruler over poor people. See also Pro 20:2.
- Pro 28:16 – A tyrannical ruler lacks judgment, but he who hates ill-gotten gain will have long life.
- Pro 28:28 – When the wicked rise to power, men go into hiding, but when the wicked perish, the righteous thrives. See also Pro 28:12, and 29:2.
7 Benefits of “Our” Integrity
Our righteousness is inadequate to meet God’s requirements but Jesus resolved our short coming by exchanging them for His righteousness. In Jesus we fulfill all the requirements of the law. Now, by faith in His finished work on the cross, we can approach our Heavenly Father with boldness (Heb 4:16) to find all our needs met in Jesus. Following are some benefits of being in Him.
- Pro 28:1 – The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion. See also Psa 112:7.
- Pro 28:4 – Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law resist them. See also Rom 1:32.
- Pro 28:5 – Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand all. See Psa 25:14, 92:6, Mark 4:11-13, John 7:17, 1 Cor 2:14-15.
- Pro 28:6 – Better is the poor who walks in integrity than a rich man whose ways are perverse. See also Pro 16:8.
- Pro 28:7 – He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father. See also Pro 29:26, 23:19-22.
- Pro 28:9 One who turn his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination. See also Pro 15:8, 21:13.
- Pro 28:18 – Whoever walks blamelessly will be delivered, but he who is perverse in his way will suddenly fall. See also Pro 10:9, 10:25, 11:3-6, Psa 25:21, 84:11.
4 Things to Know About Greed & Generosity
Money is a spiritual issue. We cannot worship God and money. This is a choice in our spiritual journey we all must make.
- Pro 28:8 –The wealth made by taking advantage of others’ needs will be enjoyed by those who are kind to the poor. See also Pro 13:22.
- Pro 28:20 – A moral man will abound in blessings, but he who is eager to get rich will not go unpunished. See also Pro 13:11, 20:21, 23:4, 1Tim 6:9-10, Luke 16:10-12
- Pro 28:22 – A man with an evil eye is eager to get rich, and he is not aware that poverty is awaiting him.
- Pro 28:27 – He who gives to the poor will not lack, but he who closes his eyes to them will have many curses. See also Pro 19:17, 11:26, 21:13, 22:9, 2 Cor 9:6,
I thank you Father, because your Word guides us in all aspects of our life. When we are open to Your Holy Spirit, He guides us and we can walk with confidence. Then we will not have fear because if You are for us, who can be against us and prevail. Jesus has given us His righteousness and we can trust in His work. He has given us His victory. We have more than enough for all things we need in this life and the one to come.
Thank you Lord, in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!
Please “like” and “share” this post on your social networks. This is one effective way for you to witness to your friends contacts and thus fulfill the Great Commission. Thank you.
Do you know someone who is would benefit from this blog? Share it with them.
[ep-social-widget facebook=”https://facebook.com” gplus=”https://plus.google.com” rss=”1″]